Website Terms & Privacy
We respect our website visitors and understand that you are concerned about privacy. Therefore, Trinity Episcopal Church (TRINITY)
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
• Non-personal information
Like many organizations, we monitor the use of our websites by collecting “non-personal information,” which is information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (like your zip code) or technical information (like the type of browser you are using).
In some cases, third-party companies known as service providers are authorized to place cookies and similar technologies on our websites with our permission. These may be used to help us deliver our own content and advertising, and to compile anonymous site metrics and analytics. Third-party cookies and similar technologies are covered by the third parties’ privacy policies.
• Personal information
We collect various types of “personal information,” depending on how you use our websites, such as:
• When you make a donation on our website, we collect your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and bank account or credit card information to provide you updates pertaining to your order, process transactions, and, as permitted by law, send periodic emails about services or events we think may be of interest to you. We also retain a record of the donations you make on our websites.
• When you fill out a form or submit a message or inquiry on one of our websites, we collect your name and email address to respond to your request or support needs.
• When you register to receive emails from us, we collect your name and email address, and in some cases, zip code, country of residence, and birthdate to improve customer service, more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs, and, as permitted by law, send periodic emails about services or events we think may be of interest to you.
• When you sign up to serve as a volunteer for our events, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, and phone number to communicate for scheduling and other purposes.
What do we use your information for?
• Non-personal information
We use the non-personal information we collect to improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our websites.
• Personal information
If you choose to give us personal information through our websites, we may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
• To process your transactions.
• To respond to your messages and inquiries.
• To enhance your online experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to our websites.
• To send you marketing and promotional emails and other updates. For example, we send out emails to our website visitors about resources or events that we think may be of interest to them. Each time we send you an email of this nature, we provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future emails. Instructions for unsubscribing can be found at the bottom of each email.
To communicate with our personnel for scheduling and other purposes. We do this only if you have signed up to serve. If you are no longer interested in serving you may send us an email requesting that we remove you from the.
How do we protect your information?
We strive to maintain the security of information collected on our websites, and we utilize a variety of security measures to do so. Of course, there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you understand that any information you transmit to us is done at your own risk.
Any credit card or bank account information you provide through one of our websites will not be stored on our servers and is instead passed directly to our payment processor.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We only share your personal information within TRINITY, so that we can send you information about resources or events that may be of interest to you.
• Third parties
Please remember that certain providers may be in or have facilities that are in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you choose to use our website, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdictions in which our third-party providers or their facilities are located.
• Other disclosures
We may disclose your personal information and other related information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also collect and share personal information in order to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law or by government and regulatory authorities.
Do Not Track
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. It is our current policy not to knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com. If at any time a parent or guardian wishes to access, correct, delete, or control the disclosure of personal information provided by his or her child, he or she should contact us by sending us an email. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will strive to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Access and corrections
You may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to (1) see what personal information we have about you, if any; (2) change or correct any personal information we have about you; (3) have us delete any personal information we have about you; or (4) express any complaints or concerns you have about our use of your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to make the requested changes. However, it is not technologically possible to change or delete each and every instance of the information we hold on you from our systems, and data may remain in non-erasable forms. We may retain data for a period in our backup or temporary systems. We may also retain some information for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements.
Residents of the State of California have the right to request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. However, it is our policy to neither disclose personal information nor to sell such information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Changes to this Policy
Current Version 9-22-2021